keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
like really, very close
so close that you can feel your enemies breath on your neck
and you shiver with hatred and… anticipation?
turn around and look deep into your enemies eyes, letting your gaze drag down to their lips, your eyes intense with desire. push your enemies up against the wall.
make out with your enemies.
your friends, who are still close, are super uncomfortable and kinda grossed out
I wanna go to the beach but I got to finish this painting.
- globally, 77,600,000 girls do not attend school
- there are 33,000,000 fewer girls than boys in primary education
- girls with secondary education are 6 times less likely to be married as children
- a girl with 7 years of schooling in the developing world will have 2.2 fewer children
- a child born to a literate mother is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5
- two thirds of the 775,000,000 illiterate adults, and 63% of illiterate youth, are female
- literate mothers are twice as likely to immunize their and send them children to school
- a girl who completes basic education is 3 times less likely to contract HIV
- a girl earns 20% more as an adult for every additional year of education she receives
- a nation’s GDP rises an average of 3% when 10% more its girls attend school
- less than 2% of international development funds are specifically allocated to girls
- school is not free in over 50 countries
photos: (1) malala yousafzai; (2) joey l. of a school for the hamar tribe in ethiopia; (3) beawiharta in jakarta of students who risk life crossing a collpased bridge to get to school; (4) muhammed muheisen, pakistan; (5) altaf gadri of an unofficial school run for slum dwellers held under a bridge; (6) paula bronstein of burmese refugees in thailand at a school in their refugee camp; (7) noah seelam, hyderabad, india; (8) per anders pettersson, uganda; (9) lana slezic in afghanistan; (10) roberto schmidt in afghanistan, where acid attacks and poisoning of school water by the taliban is on the increase
How would you define the word “style”?
"Style to me is something that lasts. There’s also the subdivision one should make between inner-style and exterior-style. Today, sadly, everything is about exterior-style, and very little about inner-style. This causes many so-called ‘stylish’ people to believe they are more stylish than they actually are."
So what exactly is this inner-style?
"Inner-style to me is how you treat people as well as how you behave. It’s about being able to be the same around everyone; being fair; being honest; being brave and having morals and ethics. To me it means that whether I’m talking to you, the president, or my cleaning lady – I’m the same - I don’t change. It’s something that you rarely see in people and the industry today, but to me it’s key. If you have appearance, but you don’t have substance..uh…it’s like the foam in the cappuccino – it fades away.""
GQ&A With Lapo Elkann. (via iqfashion)